Thursday, April 22, 2010

paediatric

This whole week, i was so heart broken. Not because anything related to myself, but it were cases in the hospital. On monday, there were a code green in paed; then i quickly checked on my id badge. what the heck, there's no code green on our badge... whattt.... then one of my colleague told me it was something happened in paed (ie like a code blue in ed). Then in my mind i was thinking, what on earth was that, but I thought gosh.. they just a little mini creature what could gone wrong with them? And guess what, not long after that I was the one who handled the blood sample of that code green toddle. The next day, i received specimen in a bucket (like kfc bucket) and on top of the two bucket was written mortuary. Oh man, there were small twin baby inside. Actually, does the theater people have the decency of placing them in the much nicer box or other compartment that look decent enough, not in a bucket! At the same time, H crossed my mind. Because, he ever told me that he supposed had a twin, but his twin didn't make it, so ended up only him that come out. So, I thought how was his twin treated at that time?
Today, I received another paed sample, it was a baby blood sample with a clinical note of 'head keep banging, low concision, and (i forgot the last one)' when i read that note, i felt so pity; however i can't do anything for them.

One thing on my mind, why i was so affected on the paed's patients?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I got this from my ex-colleague email;

qoute for the day:
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile..

No comments:

Post a Comment